Monday, October 22, 2012

Huber's Farm, Indiana

This past Saturday, Matt and I decided to go for a beautiful drive out to Huber's Family Farm in Southern Indiana.  The drive was absolutely breathtaking because of all the amazing colors that the leaves are changing to.


Once we got to Huber's Farm we were surprised to see so many people there, I guess that it is a pretty popular place to go in the Fall considering they have U-pick apples and U-pick pumpkins.  There apples are so so so good.  We bought a Honey Crisp Apple and it was absolutely amazing!


They also make there own cheese, so being a cheese lover, I just had to try some of their sharp cheddar which went perfect with the apple.  


After looking around their little farmer's market, we decided to head over to their orchards and winery.  The first thing that we noticed about this part of the farm, is that there were so many people again.  Then we began to smell the most wonderful smell...homemade donuts.  We found where they were selling homemade pumpkin spice, and apple cider donuts for a dollar a piece.  Warm donuts are so good, especially when it is 50 degrees outside.  


Next to the donut stand was a very unique display of gourds.  I can remember every Thanksgiving my mom would get out her Thanksgiving decorations, and there would always be this basket of dried warty guards.  I always liked looking at and feeling these strange gourds when I was little, and seeing that stand of funny looking gourds brought back a lot of good fall memories.  


Matt and I decided that we would both pick out a small pumpkin to take home, and we decided on buying pie pumpkins so that I could make homemade pumpkin pie from scratch.  


We had a great time visiting Huber's Farm which reminded us a lot of Bate's Nut Farm back home in California.  Not only was the farm itself beautiful, but the drive there and back was so colorful and relaxing.  


As for our life here at Southern Seminary, things have been going well.  God has definitely been testing us in many ways lately.  But, it seems like He does that when you commit to training yourself to serving Him.  One of the biggest tests that He gives us here is to trust Him to take care of our finances.  He always does, but this does not mean that I don't ever worry about where the money is going to come from.  He is an amazing provider, and I pray that I will learn to trust Him more.  Last Monday I told you about my car breaking down, well, it's okay now.  We took it to the mechanic and we found out that the catalytic converter is completely broken now.  In California, this would be a problem because of the pollution regulations, but here in Kentucky they say that as long as you have a catalytic converter in your car, broken or working, it's fine.  So, I have about another year or so, before I have to get the exhaust system worked on.  Sometimes God answers our problems in very mysterious ways. :)   Pray for Matt because he has a big paper due in just a few weeks.  It is different writing a paper at the Seminary level compared to the Bachelor's level, so pray that he will be able to understand and properly use all of the writing guidelines.  Thank you all so much for your prayers, and your patience in reading my very long blog posts. :)  We miss you all, and we wish you all a happy Autumn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment